Monday, December 20, 2010

Plan to read the Bible

I've always found that if I don't have a plan to follow, my Bible reading practice wanders and fizzles and falls apart. You too?

Some years back I came up with a two-year schedule for reading God's Word cover to cover. A two-year pace seems (to me) to work really well: slow enough to allow you to breathe and reflect a bit as you go, but fast enough to get through the Bible without taking "forever."

The way it works you read a chapter a day on the weekends, and two chapters each weekday. I've laid it out so there's some movement back and forth between the Old and New Testaments along the way. We've posted the reading plan for 2011-2012 at our church's website--click here if you're interested.

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God" (Matthew 4:4).
.

No comments: